Legal Requirements (According to the Diocese of West Malaysia policy and Malaysian Law)
1. The couple must be legally married (in this country or foreign countries). To ascertain their status by obtaining a copy of their marriage certificate.
2. The couple must both be Christians. To ascertain their status by obtaining a copy of their baptism certificate each.
3. No marriage blessing is allowed in the church if one party is a non Christian.
4. No marriage blessing is allowed in the church if both parties are non Anglicans.
5. Marriage blessing is allowed only when one party is an Anglican of this diocese or another diocese. To ascertain the status by obtaining a letter from his/her parish priest if he/she is not a member of your church.
6. During the marriage blessing, the service order used must be the order for the marriage blessing and NOT the full order of Holy Matrimony.
7. Neither members of the couple may have been married previously in a civil or religious ceremony to another person.
8. Weddings at HTBB take place on Saturdays, beginning at 10am.
9. The couple must have completed the marriage preparation course before their wedding.
10. The couple must have been attending HTBB for more than 6 months before filling out the form below.
Please read through the contract below before filling out the information form. The contract does not need to be signed before filling out the form, but must be signed at some point the wedding as per conversations with Adrian.
Order of ceremony
Below is the suggested running order for Weddings at HTBB, which the form below is built around.
Church ceremony pre-announcement by Vicar
Wedding processional: one song
Worship: three songs
Message by Vicar
Final worship: one song
Pronouncement recessional: exit of the couple, one song
HTBB WEDDING REQUEST FORM
If you meet all of the requirements listed above, you are eligible to have a wedding at HTBB. Please continue to fill out the request form.